Saturday, June 30, 2007

Chasing Tickets

This thursday I heard that Jason Mraz was going to do an acoustic set in the small room in Paradiso. And the small room in Paradiso is like a small club that you might hang out at during weekends listening to some nice unknown live music while you're drinking your beer. But it's also a place that many soon-to-be famous artists have played before they started selling out bigger venues in Amsterdam. The place to be for discovering new artists and to see artists that you know are going to be become big. Like John Legend, Gavin DeGraw, Maroon5, Juliette & The Licks and so on... So since Jason is already well known in the USA and the UK it's pretty special and I guess it would be hard to get tickets. I even have friends, or are they, who didn't inform me on him coming to the Paradiso to play, cause they probably figured the less people that know about it, the easier they could get their tickets.... Not proper friend behavior, but will remember that for a next time and treat them the same way.... I'm usually not an eye-for-an-eye kind of person, but hey.... a girl's got to do, what a girl's got to do.. ;)

So me and my friend made sure that all people we know that we're gonna get tickets, would get us two tickets as well and promised them to do the same..
On saturday, bright and early, we were sitting behind the computer right before the tickets would go on sale and discovered that ticketmaster wasn't selling any... so we grabbed our phones and tried to get through which turned out to be pointless since the line was busy the whole time... Which makes me wonder: if the line's always busy how do other people get through... :S
But then I got the magic text message: one girl who actually went to the ticketoffice managed to get tickets and she did get us the two extra! How happy were we. Finally Jason was coming to Amsterdam and play an actual gig and we have tickets! Yay again.

Later I found out that the two friends I mentioned earlier didn't have any tickets since they only relied on their pc's and phones. I am usually not a very mean person, but this time a big evil grin appeared on my face... That's what you get for not being honest... LOL

But what a hassle to get tickets... I guess The Netherlands is a crazy kind of place.. ;)

No comments: