Friday, December 12, 2003

An almost adventure...
Well kind of actually. Last night I got a last minute phone call from one of my friends asking me what I was up to and I said I was having dinner with other friends of mine. She then actually sounded disappointed, so I asked her what was up and she said she had an extra ticket to this Nickelback gig in Amsterdam. I gave her the phone number of another friend and she actually did get to go and she said it was really really nice. They had fireworks and the whole place rocked. I also heard that a lot of my other concert buddies were there. Didn't even know they all were going. One of them even got thrown out of the place. I wish I could have seen that. He was making pics with a digital camera and got caught, and usually you hand in your camera and go back to the stage area, but he probably got too bold and said something that security guy didn't like and got thrown out of the venue.

But in his defense, those guys that handle the security at such places are usually just stuck up guys who think they have power because they're wearing a jacket with the word security on it. They truly feel that it gives them the power and the possibility to treat you as if you were a criminal or something. I once got shoved by one of those guys and they're not even supposed to touch you unless you're some kind of a danger to other people. So I told him angrily that he was to take his hands of me and he said something like: "you student brat". And I just laughed so loud. Because I haven't been in college for a while now, so while he was trying to offend me, he just paid me a really big compliment on me looking much younger than I actually am. And, at the same time, proved the lowness of his IQ. That, to me, proves what kind of stupid people they hire to do really responsible jobs. Because what happens when there's really some bad situation and they just want to show off their non existent power. That could really get out of hand.

Right now, I don't mind not having gone to the gig, because even though my friends all had a good time and I probably would have to, Nickelback is still Nickelback and their show is alike every time. I just want to remember the special gig they did in a packed and steamy hot Milky Way. That was just so good. Their energy really flowed directly from them to us.
And my favorite moment of the evening:

Chad Kroeger: "Next time we'll play in a bigger venue"
audience: "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
CK: "What? You guys don't like bigger places?"
aud.: "NOOOOOOO!!!!"
CK: "But what about all those other guys who couldn't get tickets?"
one bold guy in the audience: "Fuck them!"
CK: (laughs) "So it's every dog for itself?"
aud.: "YEAH!!!!!!!!!"

And you know that's just actually the way it is. Gigs in smaller venues are always more powerful and much more enjoyable than those big and completely directed shows. And in those smaller venues you feel more connected to the artists and more a part of the show. That could never happen in any arena.
And you know, they should just do more gigs at smaller venues. So I can go more than once as well. *grin*

I'm still wondering though, where Incubus held their secret gig in Amsterdam today. Totally forgot about it until my friend mentioned it again.
And, even more important, where's Brandon Boyd staying? ;-)

No comments: