Saturday, December 20, 2003

Meet & Greet
In my entire 'career' as a Kane fan I have never wanted to win a meet & greet. I just figured that I wouldn't have anything to say to them. I mean, I have been going to their gigs for like two and a half years now and I never waited for them after the shows to talk to them or get my pic taken or anything. Well..., not until recently. At the first try out gig in Vlissingen in the summer of this year. Before the gig, I ended up at the backstage entrance where the band was signing stuff and getting pics taken, because the girl who had my tickets was there also. So I thought, what the heck and got my pic taken with the lead singer. Ok, that unleashed a whole other side of me. LOL. I experienced how much fun it is and how nice it is to have that pic as some sort of a memento. So I got my pic taken with more people. And I'm loving it.

But now I have gone further down the drain that is called FANaticism (just kidding). I have actually been to an official meet & greet. And I had the greatest time. Now, I must admit that certain advantages may have helped it be a great time. (Me and my friends have seen Kane play over at least 90 times.) When the guys walked in, the lead singer Dinand, after scanning the room, immediately came our way and started greeting my two friends and me with three kisses on the cheek. How cute! And all the other fans looked happy because they thought they were gonna get some to. NOT! I don't mean to sound this mean, but it is so cool when you are being treated specially and other's get jealous. It kind of boosts your ego! :-) The weird side effect is that those people start greeting you like they've known you for years, just cause they think they can get close to the band that way. How pathetic is that?

Well we also had a nice chat with the keyboard player, Nico, and I asked him about his other band OlaBola (website OlaBola)) and he loved that. He just kept talking about it and told us that one of the Kane band members, Dennis, was their biggest fan. I thought that was very cute. Nico said that this was the first meet & greet he actually enjoyed, since mostly nobody's really interested in him. Well, you're welcome Nico! We had a great time to.

The rest of the time, we did some girlie laughter, had some laughs with Dion (the bassplayer), had some funny pics taken with the guitarist Dennis and also had our pics taken with the other band members and also one of ourselves made by drummer Martijn. Dion saw that and called out Charlie's Angels to us. So since then the three of us are also know as the Charlie's Angels. :-)

Another good thing about that meet & greet was that we were being lead into the venue before the doors opened. So we got the best places in the house, right in front and in the middle of the stage, and all that without having to fight our way to it.

Still the best thing of the evening were those kisses from Dinand!

So, when are we having another meet & greet?

No comments: