Sunday, December 21, 2003

Forgetting the adventurous part...
After the last gig of a series there's usually an afterparty for family, friends and other invitees. And we weren't one of them. However we still like to try to get in. So we were waiting at the entrance of the party for the band and hoping they would invite us in, which they didn't of course. We did get to talk to Martijn a bit and I got to show Dion the pic that was taken of me and him dancing.
So while waiting and thinking of a way to get in, we saw two of our friends go in and they had a strip around their wrists that gives you permission to go in. By the way, every time we are waiting outside such an event, we decide on bringing old strips to the next gig just in case they use the same color which was the case this time, cause I still got one from the Robbie Williams gig which has the same color. I just wish I had brought it this time. We just never do.
Well, we called up our friends and asked them how they had gotten them and that turned out to be just plain luck. Some stranger had two spare ones left and they just were in the right place at the right time and got them.
So now the party crashing could start. Every time one person with a strip around their wrist would go outside with a loose strip in their pocket to go get another one and we did this until every one of us was inside. So the six of us were dancing and having fun while only two of us actually had those strips. I really was scared that someone would find out and throw us out, so what we did was try to hide our wrists while dancing.
But after a while more and more people left the party and the dancefloor was becoming emptier with the minute. I really felt so uncomfortable. I was scared that we were going to be thrown out at that moment. But then I started thinking. So what if we were gonna be thrown out. You know I have never ever been thrown out of anything. It would be a nice experience, wouldn't it. So after that I thought I kind of relaxed and enjoyed being there. And it's kind of fun to see the surprised faces of the band when they see you there.
I must admit that the party was kind of lame, but we still had a great time. Probably because of our illegal endeavors to get in. And I guess we were all still on a natural high from the brilliant gig.

No comments: